Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
• 2 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 6 tbsp natural peanut butter
• ¼ cup honey or maple syrup for vegan
• ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
This healthy homemade granola is the perfect breakfast meal. Enjoy it over some coconut yoghurt or a splash of nut milk! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, oil free, vegan – and utterly delicious!
Nutrition nuggets: rolled oats are one of the healthiest grains that exist – they’re a gluten-free whole grain and are loaded with fibre and important nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants. One group of antioxidants, avenanthramides, are almost exclusively found in rolled oats, known to help reduce blood pressure and inflammation. The beta-glucan fibre in rolled oats may also help lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together oats, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. On the stovetop, melt the peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup) together until smooth.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
6. Spread mixture on prepared baking dish.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until granola is lightly browned, stirring the granola once gently half way through.
8. Remove from oven and let sit until cooled. Once cooled, break apart and eat!
Share this post