These brownies are super fudgy, and at the same time, super healthy! Your kids will adore these gluten-free, refined sugar-free brownies.
Nutrition nuggets: raw honey is a fantastic sugar substitute for desserts – it has a lower GI (glycemic index) value so it doesn’t raise blood sugar levels as quickly, and requires less in quantity as it is sweeter. Raw honey is abundant in antioxidants and antibacterial properties, and is an effective remedy for digestive issues as well as sore throats.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt together.
- Heat the butter over a stove in a separate bowl for about 1 minute – just enough for the butter to melt.
- Add honey in the butter bowl and beat for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs into the honey/butter bowl and continue beating the mix for a few more minutes. Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well with a spoon so there are no lumps.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and pour the mix into it.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, open the oven and insert a toothpick into the mix. If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are done. 10. Cut into squares when cool and enjoy!