This salad is healthy and filling – the perfect option for a nutritional lunch! For a ready-to-eat work lunch, prepare the ingredients the night before and simply add salad leaves at the time of eating.
Nutrition nuggets: Shrimp have been shown to be beneficial in protecting against heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and many forms of cancer. Shrimp is also an excellent source of protein, selenium, and vitamin B12.
- Start by making the dressing: whisk together all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary, adding a little more lemon juice if required.
- Toast the pecans in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Sauté the prawns in extra virgin olive oil and crushed garlic.
- Put the shredded lettuce leaves into a large mixing bowl and add the prawns, pecan, celery, grapes, quinoa, and kiwi.
- Spoon in the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary before serving.