You just need a few ingredients for this refreshing drink in this intense Singapore heat. Some studies have shown that concentrated green tea extracts containing polyphenols lead to weight loss. Stevia is used here as a sweetener. Stevia is extracted from leaves of a South American plant called stevia rebaudiana, and tastes sweeter than table sugar, minus the calories.
If you are looking for an extensive breakdown of your diet, Nutra Nourish offers personalised meal plan and recipe booklet.
What you need (2 servings):
- 1/2 cup (33g) chopped fresh lemongrass
- 3 cups (710ml) water, divided
- 2 teaspoons (4g) loose green tea
- trim the tough bottoms of the lemongrass stalks by 2-6 inches (5-15cm))
- cut the lemongrass tops into 1/2 inch (1.3cm) chunks to fill 1/2 cup (33g). Set aside
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in saucepan and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the lemongrass and stevia to taste, stirring to dissolve.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the green tea.
- Remove from the heat and steep for 3 minutes
- Blend the mixture until the lemongrass pieces are finely minced.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher, removing the tea and lemongrass particles. Discard these.
- Add remaining cup of water.
- Stop in additional stevia to taste
- If you prefer your drink cold, serve over ice.