- 2 cups mixed carrot & pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 – 1.5 cups boiled chickpeas
- 3 – 4 cups celery stock / water
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 – 2 cups kale (chopped)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes / tomato purée
Chickpea & kale soup is super healthy and it is a favourite in my family. Kale is highly nutritious and is rich in Vitamin C, B6, and manganese. In fact, one cup of kale will supply more than 70% of the RDI for vitamin C, with an intake of only 20 calories. Additionally, kale is also high in calcium and has anti-cancer properties.
- In the pan, put some sesame / olive oil. Cook the onions for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots and pumpkins in. Saute for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add tomato puréee into the pot.
- Add salt and celery stock / water into the pot.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for around 20 minutes, or till the veggies are nearly done.
- After 20 minutes, add chickpeas and kale into the pot.
- Stir and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes.
Recipe contributed by: Rajni
Rajni has lived in a myraid of countries spanning the world, exposing her to a variety of different culinary styles This has influenced her experiments with new nutritious and delectable recipes which she looks forwards to sharing with.