Introducing: NutraNourish DIET
There is a chance that the diet that you are currently on might not be right for you. Everyone has different needs. By focusing on what our body requires rather than hopping on the latest fad diet, you will be able to find the diet that best works for you long term. The genes comprising the NutraNourish DIET test have associations with body weight, metabolism and exercise and all meet stringent criteria for utility in genetic screening tests. NutraNourish DIET helps optimise diet and exercise interventions to treat and prevent weight gain and obesity. Results provide personalised nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle strategies for the clients.
Genes involved in the regulation of energy expenditure, appetite, and fat metabolism, all play an important role in weight regulation. 40% to 80% of the variance in body weight is due to genetic factors. This helps to explain why not everyone gains or loses weight while following the same diet, despite being exposed to similar environments. Identifying an individual’s responsiveness to diet and lifestyle modification to control weight can be extremely advantageous.
Who’s it for?
NutraNourish DIET is intended for clients with long-term weight management issues. However, the healthy-weighted individual can likewise benefit from their gene-based nutritive profile and dietary recommendations.
- Provides strategies for weight management based on the genetic make-up
- Motivates individuals to lose weight
- Provides an understanding of why previous weight management programmes may have been unsuccessful
- Provides insight into which diet type may be most suited to an individual to manage weight, based on genotype
NutraNourish DIET reports on the following areas:
- Variations linked to obesity and being overweight
- Carbohydrate responsiveness
- Energy homeostasis
- Responsiveness to exercise
- Ability to metabolise fats for energy
Dr Menka Gupta
IFMCP, MSc, MBBS
Share this post